The MTX T9922-22 JackHammer SuperWoofer is like nothing else on Earth. This subwoofer was designed simply because we could and over the top is never enough for some people. It might seem out of reach, but in life it is important to have goals and strive toward them. There is no reason owning a JackHammer shouldn't be a goal for audio enthusiasts everywhere!
This monster SuperWoofer weighs 369 pounds so you may need to plan for some vehicle modifcations including suspension and electrical upgrades. The JackHammer is also an engineering marvel that incorporates key technologies that make it unbelievable. The units starts with a sand cast aluminum basket and 56.25 pound magnet structure causing the unit to stand over 3 feet tall.
4000 Watts RMS Power
Internally, the unit features a 6.5" high termperature voice coil with 17 AWG aluminum wiring allowing the subwoofer to achieve 2.5" of one-way excursion, or Xmax, and the ability to handle 4000 watts RMS. An aluminum shorting ring and progressive roll spider reduce distortion allowing the subwoofer to play loud and clear even at high output.
The carbon and glass fiber dustcap has an excellent stiffness to weight ratio increasing sensitivity so the unit is able to deliver high SPL at lower power levels. The unit is completed with 8 AWG set screw terminals on both voice inputs allowing large power wire to be used to ensure voltage loss is minimized and the subwoofer receives all the power you can send to it.
The T9922-22 might seem like overkill but sometimes you just have to be heard to be seen.
- 4000W RMS, 8000W Peak Power
- 23" Tall, 369 lbs.
- 900 Ounce Strontium Ferrite Magnet with Extended Magnetic Field Gap Technology
- Tri-Layer Design - Carbon Fiber and Glass Fiber Dust Cap with Aluminum Honeycomb CenterExpanded Polypropylene Cone with Mica Filler for Reduced Mass and Increased Stiffness
- FEA Designed Progressive Roll Spider - Features 10 AWG Integrated Tinsel Leads Woven in Allowing for 2.5" of Linear Cone Movement One WayAluminum Shorting Ring
- 6.5" Voice Coil with 17 AWG High Temperature Aluminum Wire in a Flat Wound, Long-Excursion Design Incorporating 2.5" of Xmax
- Integrated Aluminum Heatsink - Maintains the Optimum Voice-Coil Temperature for Extreme Power Handling
|Vented Enclosure Net Volume
|8.7 cu ft
|Sealed Enclosure Net Volume
|4.2 cu ft
|Volume Displacement (cu in)
|Cut Out Diameter
|20Hz - 150Hz
|Recommended Amp Power (RMS)
|2,000 - 4,000